Upcoming Careers Events at The Ongar Academy:
To be announced.
Pupils entitlement to careers guidance:
- The opportunity to research information on further education, apprenticeships, qualifications and career options from literature available in the library
- Support with option subject choices in Year 9, provided through ‘Options Evening’ and ‘Options Assemblies’
- Work related learning (1-week block of work experience placement in Year 10) to gain experience in the world of work
- Sessions during form time for support with CV writing and letter of application, leading to a Mock Interview (Years 9-10)
- Hear about a range of career paths and options from visiting speakers, through assemblies.
- Understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses post-16 (Year 11)
- Discussions about different career paths and professions during form time for PSHEE sessions (Years 7-11)
Opportunities provided to allow access:
As part of the school’s careers programme, a number of events, will offer providers an opportunity to come into school to speak to students and their parents/carers. These include: a careers convention for Years 11; a Post-16 evening for Year 11 and a KS4 Options Evening for year 9
Who providers should contact:
Should you require further information regarding careers, please contact Mr Liam O'Leary, Deputy Headteacher by calling 01277 500990 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for granting or refusing access requests, what providers expect once request is accepted:
According to the type of activity, the main hall and classrooms will be the main premises used. Any specific arrangements can be communicated to the school prior to events taking place. The school will endeavour to provide any specialist equipment to support presentations such as a computer, sound and projector.
Whether prospectuses can be left:
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus at the school reception